Wednesday, May 1, 2013

4/15/13




Hello, this week has actually been a pretty non-exciting week. I had interviews with the mission president Friday so that was fun. We had it really short but, I love him, he’s great. 

Yesterday, we went to a “Why I Believe” fireside which is where some recent converts get up and say their testimonies. Elder Doney signed us up for a musical number so I played “How Great Thou Art” while he sang. It was fun.

I don't need the pictures right now [Jonathan asked for some Walter Rane artwork in his last letter and mom asked if he could wait until she and dad could go to the distribution center in Utah when they are there for the graduations]; it was just an idea. Thanks for thinking about it though.

I was looking at this computer the other week and there is no slot for the camera card to go in. We went to a public library today, but since it’s Berkeley, all of the computers were occupied. I guess I will have to get a cord, but I was planning on taking a picture with Antonio (and smiling) :).

We have a new investigator, he used to live in Lexington, Kentucky so that's neat. What’s cool is our ward mission leader is taking us out to go bowling in an hour, so that's going to be fun :).

Sorry this email is so short this week. It’s been pretty dull. I'm sure next Monday I'll have loads to say. Oh and we had a referral named Gale who has had about 6 back surgeries and next week she'll be going into another major one so some of the members asked if next Monday we could stop by and give her a priesthood blessing. Just was thinking about dad and hoping he's all right. Love you all. Hope you are doing great.

  Love,
    Elder Ranquist



P.S.
Just got back from going to the bowling alley with our ward mission leader. It was fun! I got a 76 the first game (because i was spinning it the entire time and wasn't working out for me) and then the second game i bowled normally and got a 130, the top score of both games :D It's nice to go out and do something recreational once in awhile, really refreshing. Usually on mondays. We don't have a lot of time to do recreational stuff because we're on bikes, but we made time for it this week. Alright hope to hear from you next week. love you
Love
  Elder Ranquist.

No comments:

Post a Comment