Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Graduation Letter



4/29/13

Wow that's amazing! (the title of this letter was graduation letter, so I'm assuming this is about Drake, Emily, and I graduating this week). This week has been slow with missionary work. It seemed like we were biking everywhere, but not getting any results. All of our new investigators are really flaky and not committed so it’s a kind of sad time. We had to drop one investigator yesterday and another one had to go the ER because he thinks he had a stroke.

But I'm excited for this next week. We have a lot of service opportunities so that would be something different. I'm glad you’re having a great time.

I'm just wondering for health reasons, but how would eating only rice for lunch and dinner and oats for breakfast have on your body? We've gone through 40 pounds of rice in 11 weeks (and just got another 20 pounds of it last week). We’re thinking of cheap ways to get vitamins and protein so we have a few cans of corned beef and we just got some crackers so we have what Tongans call kahpa pulu. And another thing, my knees have been aching and hurting this week, mostly because we went up into the hills, but I was wondering if there are any like massages or work outs I could do to help my knees.

Anyway, I'm starting to really get to love missionary work! I realized I would love some things about it, like biking all day and most importantly dinners with members :) but not other things like tracting and street contacting. So I'm trying to fix that outlook and love EVERYTHING about missionary work. One of my goals last week was to be happy and cheerful so I think that’s starting to take root into my brain and always be smiling and not look dead. It's great how blessed we are to have such a great family. I've realized as I've had lessons with Less Actives and non members how they are missing the "light in their eyes" and just something missing. When I first got here we taught a less active lady and 2 Sundays ago she gave a talk in sacrament meeting and has goals to go back to the temple and she's been coming to church almost every week now. It’s so exciting.

Love you and hope you are having a great time!

Love,

Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment