Thursday, July 11, 2013

Growing Lessons

I think this week has been pretty long. We had a lot of shaky lessons, but we had a lot of growing experiences as well.

One thing that has been very apparent to me since I've been on my mission is obedience brings blessings. My trainer was very obedient, he had the reputation with other missionaries as being extremely obedient. My companion now is very obedient as well. I have been very blessed with having great companions. I have seen other missionaries and their areas when they are disobedient and I see a drastic change. I've personally seen how keeping the commandments can bless our lives.

An update on our golden investigator Tasha. We had a good but bad week with her. We met Thursday and had one of the best lessons with her. Our member started talking about how it says in the bible "other sheep which are not of this fold I will go see" and how he was talking about how He was going to go to the Americas. We flipped to the book of Mormon were it says "you are the other sheep" in 3 Nephi 15:21. As she started to read that she began to cry and barely was able to finish. She said she could feel butterflies in her chest and had never felt that way before. She said she had been waiting for this answer for almost 30 years and she finally received it! This was on the 4th of July. We were so happy. Bad news is her mom received news she was "studying with the Mormons." She flew out the next day from Florida to talk with her. Her mom is in her late 70's and wants Tasha to sign her house and car over to her. She says her mom is worried about family assets. We are planning to meet with Tasha on Wednesday (because her mom flies home Tuesday) and see how she is doing. She's interested in receiving a blessing. She's just super awesome but these family circumstances aren't going well.

Anyway more good news, we had 3 investigators come to fast and testimony meeting with us this week. These people are awesome as well! One is turning 19 this month, her fiance is 19, and her little brother's about 14. They ask so many questions and want to know. We're going to see them this evening at the visitor center.

I'm having a great time out here!

Love,
Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment