Thursday, October 24, 2013

10/15/13


Dear Mom and Dad,

Congratulations on your new calling! That's so exciting. 

Anyway, nothing went on this week, it was pretty slow. Sadly, Elder Thomas and I are arguing a lot more recently. And I hate arguing. It’s just that we both have different points of view and can't compromise. I just want the best for him. I can not wait until the Conference Ensign comes out. I really need to look over them and compare my notes I took. This week I committed myself to finish the Book of Mormon from where I was at. Right now, I’m in Alma 42 or so. I think I can do it :) I really loved, I think it was Alma 30 or so, where Alma was really excited to see his brethren again and see the success they had with the Lamanites and just a full chapter of him being happy. It made me happy and made me think of Elder Holland’s talk a few Conferences ago about the laborers in the vineyard when it talks about how we should be happy for others when they get a lot of blessings. And ,of course, I read Alma 41:10 :)

I hope you have a great week this week. Next time I talk to you I'll be "One year older and wiser too!" :D

Love, your slowly aging son
Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment