Monday, June 3, 2013

May 20th, 2013



 This week we met as a family (minus Jonathan) in California to celebrate our cousin's wedding! Tyler and I took a full California vacation, going all the way down the coast. We stopped and went through the Oakland temple along the way. I completely forgot that it was the temple that is in Jonathan's mission until we were there. We didn't see him, but talked to a couple of sister missionaries who knew him! 
Jonathan's Letter:
Wow, everyone is having such a great time. I just received an email from Kevin and it sounds like he is having such a blast. I wish I could have been there with you. I know it would have been so fun.
This week has been really great. We taught a lot of lessons and Saturday we had exchanges so I had to stay here in our area while my companion left. During the day, I thought I was doing a terrible job because I don't know the area that well, but at the end of the day, I looked back and realized it wasn't so bad. We still got a lesson in and made a new investigator and have a potential. I noticed with the companion that came to my area how he is not obedient, not hugely disobedient, but still. I have realized how great the companions I have been blessed with, how obedient they are and how they are such great missionaries. I have realized how being an obedient missionary really does help and bless the companionship. I have also seen how positive attitudes change the outlook on situations you go through.
I pray for all of you everyday and hope you continue to have a great time. The gospel has truly changed my life!

 Love,
 Elder Ranquist

I just remembered. I will be going to the temple this next week. And the new policy with going to the temples is that will be our P-Day. So I go to the temple next Thursday so that will be the next time I write you. Meaning next Monday will be a regular proselyting day and I will email you on Thursday so don't get mad at me if I don't write on Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment