Saturday, July 19, 2014

6/24/14

Well, we don't really cook that much. The most I have made is Fried Rice, or Pancakes. 

 

Lately, part of our zone gets together and plays soccer or ultimate Frisbee in a park for our p-days.

 

As we teach about the Holy Ghost, they just think of him as a spirit that makes you feel good, we have to teach them that the Holy Ghost gives you answers to your prayers. 

 

A great missionary experience we had last week happened Monday. We got a HQ referral and set up a lesson with him for six oclock. We looked up his address and found that he was out of our area and gave it to those missionaries who went by and scheduled a different time to meet. Well, that meant that we had 6 oclock open so my companion called a potential investigator who stopped us on the street the week before and wanted to know more. My companion asked if we would be able to set up an appointment to teach and he said, “Sure, why not now. I can head over there in 5 minutes. So, we got there and had a great lesson with him. He explained to us that he has been searching for the right church.He brought up 5 churches that he has been searching/investigating and said how he found out that they were all wrong. By the end of it we invited him to be baptized with a baptismal date and heaccepted!

 

I was able to go on exchanges with the Assistants this week who serve in Oakland. I felt at home there. I served in the San Leandro ward, which covered WestOakland, a different area than the Assistants, but while I was there I just grew to love it. I don't feel like Union City is my home, but I have spent the same amount of time here.

 

Oh, you bring up Fire Fighting. I probably wont go into it as a career. I have changed on my mission. 

 

Have a great week! This week is Transfer calls so by next Monday I will know if I am staying here or going to be transferred. I think that I might be, but I really hope I don't though. I love it here!

 

Love,

Elder Ranquist

 

No comments:

Post a Comment