Friday, September 27, 2013

9/18/13


Hello!

This week has been pretty rough. We picked up the new Elder, Elder Thomas last Wednesday. He's from the Marshall Islands and doesn't know English very well so it is hard to communicate with him. It is also very hard because he just doesn't want to do anything except sleep on the bed. I am so very thankful to have Elder Ryan with me and he helps out a lot.

I was able to go to the temple this morning. It was pretty difficult though. Elder Thomas had to wait to get some permission to get into the temple so we were late for our session and so we were doing initiatories and then we were late for the next session! So then we just sat in the waiting room for the next session to start and were able to see the new movie :D So we do not have a lot of time at all today.

Our closest baptism is November 2nd and his name is Alex.  He has word of wisdom problems so that's why its so far away.

I think that the new music would be great. I would love that or the ring, but what I was wondering for my birthday was actually some pictures from home. My old companion Elder Bishop had a GiiNii where its a clock and you could put a memory card for pictures in it. The only picture I have of home is the St. Patrick's day card you sent. Also, we have a lack of clocks in our apartment. But I don't know how expensive it is so I don't need it if it’s too expensive. Or you could always buy a gun and just keep it there until the end of my mission! :P hahaha

Love you guys so much. One of my old companions sent me an email and had a quote in it that I like. "We reach our greatest heights while on our knees"

Love,
Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment