Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9/2/13 Baptism!



Those pictures are great! I love them, it is expecialy weird to see Tyler with a beard.

I went to an Asian dollar store and they had a device for 1 dollar that puts your camera memory card into a usb so now I can upload pictures really easily even when the computer doesn't have a memory card slot, I was very glad when i found it.

But to the good news. TASHA WAS BAPTIZED!!! It was an amazing experience. I must say we did have a close call but it was taken care of, not with Tasha or anything it was with the baptism font... We scheduled the font for 12 and the people we scheduled that time with said their would be a baptism before you so the font should be full when you get there. But the baptism before us was canceled and we did not get any head up! Thankfully brother Nilsson the guy you see in the pictures, got their early and noticed the lights were off and the font had not started yet so he got it started. Thankfully it was filled in time and the baptism went smoothly! I have absolutely come to love Tasha. I love to know that, when I eventually get transferred or end my mission I have no fear of Tasha ever losing her testimony and going less active. She has such a strong testimony and ALL of the ward absolutely loves her! They are really excited to have her. This ward has not had a baptism for a year, this is the first baptism this bishop has done ever. The bishop absolutely loves her, he served his mission in Louisiana... and thats were Tasha used to live! This week end flew by so fast but I just wanted to savor the happiness I was feeling. 

Also right after the baptism we went by one of our investigators. This investigator, Alex, has gone to church for 2 years and has never been baptized. But now he wants to be baptized and that night commited to a date of November 2nd. It is so far away because he has a problem with coffee and is really addicted to it but he has a desire to change.

We sometimes teach Gospel Principles class when our ward mission leader/gospel principals teacher asks us too. Its a hard thing to do especially as a missionary because you just don't have a lot of time to prepare a great lesson, but my companion and I did it yesterday about missionary work, unexpectedly Tasha commented on some things we were talking about and she boar her testimony and said, at first, she had no desire to ever join this church when she was meeting with us, but she felt the spirit as we met and came to a knowledge that this is the true church. It melted my heart when she said that.

I love to hear about everything going on. I especially love how you are doing so much missionary work! I can see how it has been help Rachel and know that you are doing a great work. Sadly I was never close to Alex West, Is he on his last year at BYU? Elder Bishop, my companion who just went home can "slap him into shape" :D
Tasha's Baptism








Elders in matching ties (different colors) and argyle socks from the dollar store


No comments:

Post a Comment