Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9/9/13


Sorry to everyone who is reading the blog! I realize I haven't posted Elder Ranquist's letters in a month. Let's just say the month of August was a busy one! Work, school starting, Tyler's play every night, moving, baby shower, babysitting Tyler's family, parents here, etc. You know how it goes ;) I'll try to do better! 


This week has been mixed with all types of up and downs....  This week I have started to have a huge thirst for knowledge and finding things out. I've started to write quotes into the margins of my scriptures and putting sticky notes on my Preach My Gospel. I hope I can continue to have this thirst for knowledge even after my mission. I'm sure it will help me in my studies. 
   But, the sort of down part of it is we just got transfer calls... I am staying in the area, but I have been called to be a trainer AND a District Leader. This week I have admittedly been very stressed out. The interesting thing is our mission just got a new booklet called "Adjusting to Missionary Life" which is full of suggestions on how to relieve stress. I have really enjoyed that blessing and have continually gone back to the scriptures for comfort and peace. Thankfully, Elder Ryan will still be my companion so we will be back in a Trio again. But Elder Ryan’s visa is actually starting to make progress so he might be leaving next transfer.
   Oh, and yes, I sadly did lose my ring. I lost it about 7 weeks ago. I have been looking everywhere for it, but I cannot find it. I have not enjoyed not having it :(
   The argyle socks was an idea our district had when we went to a dollar store. We got all matching socks, all matching ties (but they are all different colors), and matching tie clips just to have some fun :)
   By the way, has Keith left on his mission yet? I want to be able to email him some time. I think that would be great.
I will not be writing to you next week on Monday. We will be attending the Temple on Thursday so I will send an Email to you Thursday. 

   Love,
    Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment