Monday, October 6, 2014

8/18/14



So, My new companion is named Elder Young. He actually lived in Hawaii and went to BYU-Hawaii before coming out. He has a twin sister but shes not active in the church and neither is his mom. He grew up going to church with his grandma and decided to go on a mission. He is a fanominal missionary. I don't even feel like i'm training him. We're just doing missionary work. Sadly its really hard right now because both of us don't know the area at all. We keep on getting lost and going the wrong way. At least were are using that opportunity to then talk to people on the streets. I think the hardest thing is that Elder Young has a severe case of ADHD so its hard to stay on track and get things done but were working through it. 
One cool think that happened is, when I walked into church this Sunday I saw some old members that used to live in the San Leandro ward I used to serve in over a year ago. So at least I know one family already. This ward here seems really great. They feed us every day for dinner and whenever we are hot they have members signed up to keep cold water bottles in their fridge for us so we can stop by any time and get some. They also have cold water bottles stocked in the fridge of the church building so we should be ok. I already bought 2 insulated water bottles myself before I got transferred here but I don't carry them with me because I don't want them getting stolen when I leave my bike locked up somewhere and we have plenty of water given to us by members.
 Tuesday, Transfer day was really saddening for me. I LOVED!  being a zone leader in Union City. While we were driving out here to Brentwood I felt sad knowing I won't ever be able to do something like that again. I also felt a burden lifted from my shoulders which felt good i guess, but i loved it so much there. As I was thinking about it I feel like it taught me a lesson. I may have loved an area, or a companion, or members, but I am in a new area now and I have a chance to love a new area, companion, or members! Where ever I go I want that to be my favorite place at that time and not wishing to go back to a different place.
Also I am district Leader over the Zone Leaders and the Sister Training Leaders and they don't have any problems, they are amazing missionaries so it makes my life a lot easier! Akuna matata- a stress free philosophy! I like it a lot, I don't have to stress out about other missionaries disobedience. 

have a great week!

Love,
Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment