Monday, October 6, 2014

8/25/14


Sorry I didn't tell you last week but Today we went to the temple so we email today. Hopefully you weren't freaking out that I didn't send an email yesterday. I love going to the temple. Sadly we saw the really old version of the movie this time and not the newest one. Oh well its still great. Since I'm out in Antioch its a really long drive to get to the temple so we were actually late to our session (along with almost all the rest of the zone) so we actually combined our zone,with Walnut Creek zone, 2 of the biggest zones in the mission. So there were about 70 missionaries in the session and a few other people. it was great I've never been in such a large session. Also it was good to see former companions and people I knew. I never see any missionaries now that I'm out in Brentwood. 
So cool to be able to have Elder Doney there. Although I think it is really weird.
Sadly I didn't feel the earthquake. I wish I did that would be so fun. I was hoping "The Big One" would hit but I don't expect it too. 
Thankfully I am starting to get to know the area a little bit better. It was rough the first week here we always would get lost. Thankfully we have good old maps to help us out!
We don't have a lot of investigators here and the ones we do have are pretty flaky and don't come to church or keep their commitments. We're working on it. We have a goal of oym's (Open Your Mouth) mission wide of talking to 10 people per missionary per day. Meaning reaching 140 oym's by the end of the week and so far we are doing well at it. We have been talking to a little more than 140 a week. Trying to find new investigators that way. 

Have a great week! Thank you for the picture!

Love,
Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment