Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cold Week 12-9-13

This has been such a great week! My companion, Elder Hamilton, is great. He's from Idaho. I heard it was -30 degrees there on Sunday.  He is actually going home this transfer so he'll leave in January and I’ll have to be the senior Zone Leader. Actually, ALL of our zone leaders except me and 2 others who just got called as zone leaders at the same time I did, are going home either in January or March, even our Assistants are going home at that time. The mission is going to drastically change in the next few months as all of our leaders leave and we get brand new leaders.
  This week we taught a lesson with a new investigator and she is committed to baptism! We have taught her twice and doing so well. She is living with her boyfriend so we taught about the law of chastity and she is going to kick him out or marry him. She came to church and has great fellowshippers. We’re so excited! 
     Actually something for Jessica... Someone on the folk dance team is out here and he is in the zone. His name is Elder Dotimas. Don't really know his first name. But he says he knows you and has seen the family before. He's Pillippino and really awesome! :D
     My last area in San Leandro we did not get a lot of dinners, but in Hayward this ward is really supportive and just one big happy family so it is looking good for dinners for now.
I am so thankful I am in a car area! :D It gets cold here and I would hate to be on bike. In our zone we actually have a companionship of sisters who are on bike, and a few elders on bike. I feel sorry for them!
I'll see if we can do Google+ or not, I’m not exactly sure. 

Have a great week!!!!

Love,

Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment