Saturday, December 28, 2013

November 18, 2013

It’s so great to hear from you. Wow, this week has been the quickest week I've had on my mission.  We had P-Day, and Trainings all Tuesday through Thursday, weekly planning Friday and I went to Spanish land Saturday for exchanges and now I'm here again! I really enjoyed the lessons shared at the training's. W

some reason it sent... anyway We have this less active member who just moved into the ward. He's really awesome. He's a professional photographer who's retiring from his job so he's giving away all of his cameras. Every p-day he wants to show us how to use them. Hopefully, this motivates me to take more pictures for y’all.

Saturday, I was in the Spanish speaking area so my companion had to lead the area with one of the other Spanish elders. I was very afraid that it wouldn't go well, but I was amazed to hear that it went smoothly. This week, as a part of missionary standards, the trainee leads the companionship for the week. I am very nervous that he will not take the initiative and there will be a lot of arguments this week, but I am hoping for the best. 

We saw a lot of miracles this week. We were contacting a referral and it sent us to the wrong address, but we knew we were there for a reason. It sent us to an Ice cream shop so the member we had with us (who just got off his mission from Brazil) offered to buy us ice cream and talk to the cashier. So we talked to the cashier and he actually is a member, baptized 4 years ago. He's from South Korea and keeps a Book of Mormon with him. He hasn't been coming to church because he is going to the Catholic Church, but would like some Korean missionaries to come by and speak with him since he doesn't speak a lot of English.

I know this work is true and by following the spirit we can see miracles in our life. I love you so very much and pray for you every day. I hope you have a great week and I'll pinkie promise to send pictures next week

Love,
Elder Ranquist



No comments:

Post a Comment