Saturday, December 28, 2013

Grant's Blessing 12-2-13

Hello!

This week has been one of the best. We have been able to get closer together and love one another. But, sadly, I am being transferred! I have been called as a Zone Leader in Hayward. I don't feel ready :D I haven't been out on my mission that long! But I am looking forward to it and know I’m going to have some great experiences. 
     At the beginning of the week, we thought we were only going to go to one member’s house for dinner, but Wednesday, two more families signed up so we got really full!! 
     Saturday, the temple puts on a show at 6 and then lights up the temple Christmas lights at 7:30 so we got one of our investigators to go up there with us. They enjoyed it and so did we. It was sad listening to a singer who sung I'll be there [home] for Christmas...... Well, if only in my dreams. I will Skype you though! I really want to show some pictures, but I lost my USB memory card converter thing. Maybe my new area has a way I can. 

And about cameras, I got a new one! It’s awesome. A man just moved into our Ward and he is a retired photographer. So he gave me and my companion one of his professional cameras and on P-Days he is teaching us how to use them! Sadly, this will be my last photography class because I’m being transferred.

I have loved this ward so much. I have spent most of my mission in it. I will definitely come back when my mission is over and visit some of the members.

Actually, I almost forgot, this Sunday we had a baby blessed too. It was our 2nd Councilor's baby. (It was a girl though). But, while he was giving the blessing, I was thinking about Grant and you guys, how you are doing the same thing! So I kind of felt like a part of Grant’s blessing :D

I thank you for your emails and pray for you always. I am looking forward to this week and the experience it brings and I am looking forward to Christmas!!

Love,

Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment