Saturday, December 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Week 11-25-13

Dear Family,

This has been the hardest week on my mission with out a doubt. I will not dwell on that because it is Thanksgiving week and I am thankful for my blessings.

I love D&C 58:3-4 and, of course, my personal favorite, Genesis 29:20 "And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her."..... It made me smile :)

Anyway, this week has taught me a lot of Christ-like attributes that I have gained and still need to focus on. For me, I love working on things by myself :D... but for this week, I have had to call on my leaders for help and that way we have received counseling a few times this week. I like how one of them said it. “It’s natural, think about it like you bought a car, no matter how nice it is, whether it’s a Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Audi, any super car, no matter how good it is, you always have to do what’s called constructive maintenance; change the oil, refill other things, re-align the wheels so it doesn't brake.” I guess that’s what we have had to do this week; re-align our companionship with the Lord because we let Satan put his foot in the door and we couldn't get him out. 
  We are going to have a great week though. Excited for Thanksgiving! I know of 1 dinner we’re going to right now. Should be fun. And Christmas is right around the corner! :D One transfer away for us missionaries. "Things seem unto me but a few days, for the love I have for my family!” Time is flying by for the love I have for you and the family and the Lord!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,

Elder Ranquist


No comments:

Post a Comment