Sunday, December 29, 2013

Great Week 12-16-13

I've just been having a great time!

We had a ward Christmas party Saturday and I was able to meet a lot of the Ward members that way which was so nice. Sorry I didn't take any pictures.

Also, we had Zone Conference Thursday where 3 zones (San Francisco, San Francisco West, and Hayward zone) went to a church building in San Francisco and had training all day long. Elder Packer came (no, not the General Authority, but our Area authority). He is awesome and talked about Moral Authority, basically meaning you have to practice what we preach. And right before then, me and my companion had a training on How to Baptize Weekly and principles on how we can achieve that high goal. We’re committed to doing it.  It's going to take a lot of hard work. 

I am a little bit cold. The only bed sheet I have is the thin blue blanket we got that I brought out with me. And I accidently left my Mr. Mac jacket in my old apartment. Thankfully, I’m not on bike. I would be freezing. There are actually bike sisters now. We feel so bad for them.

We were able to go up to the temple yesterday with our new investigator, Gervie. She loved it and is super excited about getting baptized!

Our responsibilities as a zone leader are basically to give trainings to our zone, account to the assistants and the mission president on how the missionary work is going in our zone. We also have a monthly coordination meeting with the Stake Presidency and the mission president on how the wards are doing with missionary work. The funnest thing to do is go on exchanges with our district leaders and be able to see how they do missionary work and learn from them and they learn from you. I really like how everyone is patient with me. I feel like I don't really know what I am doing but everyone is helping me out and it makes it a lot easier and less stressful, especially my companion is patient. I still don't know the area really well, still trying to do better at that as well. 

Also I met Elder and Sister Weeks again at zone conference, weren't they the parents of Bishop Shumway?

Thank you for all of your love and encouragement! And say hello to the Ward for me!

Love,

Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment