Wednesday, October 4, 2017

9/29/14

Hello!
This week was great! It flew by fast. I was in Oakland pretty much every day this week. For Transfers one day and then picking up the new missionary and then training the new missionaries after that! 
My companions name is Elder Weaver. He is from Las Vegas. His family actually moved a month before he left to Utah. He's a great person and loves to cook which I don't mind at all :) Elder Weaver and I are pretty much the same person, which is both good and bad. We are getting along well so far. He used to wrestle in High school, reminds me of Kevin.

Sad thing happened. Our "golden investigator" Moved back to upstate new york this week.. :( Sad. But now she is with her husband again and she's going to get baptized! So I'm happy I was able to be a part of teach her and getting to know her. 

The area around here is cooling off which is nice. Hopefully it doesn't get too cold because I don't want to wear a jacket while biking, I just get so sweaty wearing a jacket on bike. 

Its amazing I am reaching my last General Conference already, I remember my first as a missionary sitting in the Berkeley Chapel. One of the things I am going to focus on the most during General Conference this time is mainly how to improve my scripture study and prayer. I know that my patriarchal blessing has a lot to do with study and prayer so I hope to learn how to do it better.

I cant believe that its already October, its crazy. For my birthday, and for christmas I don't want anything. The reason being is anything that I get now I'm just going to have to pack up in a little while, and everything I have now is holding up so far, so I would like to save space and weight. Now if you aren't satisfied with that answer then, if you really want, I would love to maybe, kind of see how much a 9mm pistol would cost so I can start shooting when I'm back in Kentucky :D. 

Have a great week! Love you!

Love,
Elder Ranquist

No comments:

Post a Comment